AirTran Move to Terminal A/B
AirTran Passenger Activities Move to Terminal A/B on November 16
- AirTran is moving its operation at BWI Marshall Airport from Concourse D to collocate with Southwest Airlines at Terminal A/B.
- AirTran will begin operations in its new location in Terminal A/B on the morning of November 16.
- All AirTran passenger activities will occur in the Terminal A/B facility as of November 16—ticketing, baggage drop-off, baggage claim, and flights.
- AirTran flights will depart from airline gates on Concourse B.
- Baggage claim for AirTran flights will move to baggage claim carousel number 6, adjacent to Concourse B on the lower level.
- New automated ticketing kiosks will be available at throughout Terminal for both Southwest and AirTran customers.
- An additional curbside check-in location was added along the terminal roadway at Concourse B for AirTran customers.
New Lower Level Security Checkpoint
- BWI Marshall Airport and the federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA) have constructed a new passenger security screening checkpoint on the lower level of Terminal A/B.
- The new 4-lane security checkpoint will provide access to all airline gates on Concourses A and B.