BWI Marshall Airport is a critical part of the nation's transportation network and one of our region's largest economic drivers. As an important measure to protect public health, we want to encourage social distancing among those with essential travel needs.
A negative COVID-19 test is not required for domestic travel; however health officials continue to recommend testing and to have your negative test results with you as you travel.
Here a few steps we are taking to keep the traveling public and airport employees safe:
- Social distancing floor markers are added in a number of locations throughout the terminal, including at restaurants, retail shops and airline ticketing and boarding areas
- Plexiglas partitions have been installed at high-traffic, person-to-person areas, such as security checkpoint document check podiums, airline counters, airport restaurant and retail shop checkouts
- The implementation of a real-time social distancing monitoring and reporting system at security checkpoints (learn more from this press release)
- The installation of a Virtual Information Desk to allow passengers to safely receive assistance from our remote-based Pathfinder volunteers. The desk is located near Baggage Claim belts 4-5.
- Parking Ambassadors are in place during peak travel times at both the terminal and Daily Garage to assist with social distancing aboard shuttles
- Those picking up arriving passengers are urged to use our Cell Phone Lot
- Passengers are encouraged to use a mobile device for flight check-in and to retrieve boarding passes
- Restaurants and retail shops are operating with limited services and capacity (see more info here)
- Coordinating with TSA to close some lanes at security checkpoints in order to provide additional separation between passengers awaiting processing
- Working with our airline partners to utilize every other ticket counter, when possible, to process passengers required to check bags
- Urge airlines to minimize check-in lines as best they can
For more COVID-19 efforts at BWI Marshall Airport, please click here.